Hey there, hope you're all doing well! Today I'm taking you to Alcúdia's Sunday market where every person can find a little something for him- or herself. There are loads of different vendors who sell either fruits, vegetables, jamon and cheese, or jewelry, accessory and household goods. I always love strolling through those markets, it's a true color explosion and always an opportunity to meet interesting people or try some new food. I gotta admit though that during summer I try to avoid the Mallorquin markets simply because it's too hot and way too crowded, you can barely move.
I took these photos at Alcúdia's ''mercado'' which takes place every Tuesday and Sunday. However, it's not my favorite one, I like the market in Pollença much better because it's bigger, prettier and more authentic.
I'll leave you a list of Mallorca's biggest markets so you can choose the one closest to where you stay on the island:
- Monday: Cala Millor, Manacor, Calvià, Lloret de Vistalegre, Montuïri.
- Tuesday: Alcúdia, s’Alqueria Blanca, s’Arenal, Artà, Campanet, Galatzó, Llubí, Porreres, Paguera, Portocolom (Felanitx), Santa Margalida
- Wednesday: Sineu, Andratx, sa Cabana (Marratxí), Capdepera, Colònia de Sant Jordi, Llucmajor, Petra, Port de Pollença (Pollença), Santanyi, Selva, Sencelles, Vilafranca.
- Thursday: S’Arenal (Llucmajor), Ariany, Campos, Consell, Inca, Pòrtol, Ses Salines, Sant Joan, Sant Llorenç des Cardassar.
- Friday: Algaida, Binissalem, Can Picafort, Inca, Llucmajor, Maria de la Salut, es Pont d’Inca (Marratxí), Son Carrió, Son Ferrer (Calvià), Son Servera
- Saturday: Alaró, Búger, Bunyola, Cala Rajada (Capdepera), Campos, Costitx, Esporles, s’Horta (Felanitx), Lloseta, Magaluf (Calvià), Manacor, Palma, Portocolom (Felanitx), Santa Eugènia, Santa Margalida, Santanyi, Sóller
- Sunday: Alcúdia, Consell, Felanitx, Inca, Llucmajor, Muro, Sa Pobla, Pollença, Portocristo, Santa Maria, Valldemossa, Binissalem