So here it is, the very first post of my fabulous trip to Barcelona loaded with lots of city shots!
First of all one tip, whenever you can make it to Mallorca, make sure to check out the flights to Barcelona from Palma de Mallorca, they are super cheap! We paid less than 50 Euro for the flight back and forth with Ryanair. Plus, the flight itself is incredibly short, once I turned on my iPod the flight attendant asked me to switch it off cause we were already landing, just 30 minutes! So if you're on Mallorca for a while it's pretty easy to slip in a trip to Barcelona.
I escaped to this vibrant city at the end of March, it was a three-day trip loaded with intense sight-seeing! It's not necessary to pay for one of the famous red tourist buses when you want to discover Barcelona. We did the bus tour walking... yes, I gotta admit it was exhausting, up to eight hours a day, but believe me, you get to see much more exploring a city by foot!
So today you get to see loads of tourist pictures! I absolutely fell in love with this gorgeous city, its mix of modern architecture and ancient buildings is sheer fascinating. In addition to that we were spoilt with endless sunshine and a very refreshing breeze, lucky us!
So I put together a list for you of all the famous sights we visited such as...
- the incredible unfinished basilica La Sagrada Família
- a wonderfully relaxing park named Parc de la Ciutadella which is right next to the impressive Arc de Triomf
- L'Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, check out its stunning architecture!
- El Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona's shopping mecca - once you're there make sure to stop by the magnificent Casa Batlló
- La playa de la Barceloneta, for the California feeling
- the shimmering Torre Agbar and its ultra modern surroundings
- and not to forget, La Rambla, an amazingly busy but charming tree-lined mall that is home to the Mercat de la Boqueria, a wonderful market where you can find numerous sweets, fruits, yummy smoothies, baked goods, fish, spices and everything the culinary heart desires